Sr QA Engineer
1838 Gunn Hwy Odessa, FL 33556
We are looking for a Sr QA Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large electronic monitoring company in Odessa, FL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Write test plans, cases and conditions to ensure effective test coverage
- Execute test cases, at black box, grey box, and some white box levels
- Mentor and collaborate with other testers in test procedures, process and best practices
- Work closely with development, product management and QA test leadership to develop an applicable test approach and strategy for both specific products and product lines
- Execute long duration tasks and assignments according to project plans, to meet schedule, resource, and quality requirements
- Log and track defects using the designated tracking system and tools
- Participate in peer and external reviews
- Participate in the development of test project goals, scope, estimates and plans
- Coordinate with QA test leadership to train team members on the development and execution of test cases
- Work with development, product management and QA test leadership to prioritize software defects and determine associated root cause/corrective actions
- Mentor and guide other team members as required, to support overall team objectives
- Identify risks and dependencies of the product and subsystems, prioritize the effort, and deliver the project on time and according to milestones, specifications and defined quality standards
- Engage in test result analysis and test report creation
- Help develop cooperative relationships between the test team and individuals/groups that interface with the test team
? Proven demonstration of leadership skills
? Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal partners on technical issues.
? Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
? Proven verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
? Problem solving skills and the ability to work with senior leaders to establish strategies.
? Superior written and verbal communication skills to document the features tested and the bugs that are found, and then report them to key stakeholders in the project.
? A solid working knowledge of metrics and models in product quality engineering.
? Established expertise in test methodologies and techniques
? Demonstrated command and experience working with Test and Defect Management/Workflow tools
? Familiarity with Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) and testing process
? Experience testing of applications on web-based, client/server
? Working knowledge of relational database technology and SQL
? Strong understanding of database architecture/concepts
? Experience in agile/scrum development methodology
? Experience with QA principles desired
? Interest in software technology and software testing paired with analytical thinking and knowledge of the creation of test plans, test cases
? High attention to detail coupled with a strong commitment to the delivery of a high-quality product
? Experience with testing support products and processes, such as defect tracking systems and software configuration controls
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business